CAPS – Child and Parents Services works to ensure that every child lives a life free from abuse and neglect. As a community staple in Elkhart County for over 40 years, CAPS impacts over 2,000 families a year. As a mission-based agency, our work is grounded in our five core values: compassion, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, and collaboration.
A career at CAPS gives you the chance to make a lasting impact on your community and make a true difference. You’ll also enjoy a competitive benefits package, with benefits including:
- A generous PTO package
- Flexible work schedule
- 403(b) plan with employer contribution
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Family-focused leadership
Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
This position is responsible for the management and content creation of all CAPS social media platforms. Ensures that CAPS brand is properly represented and consistent while building a social media strategy through competitive audience research and development. Shares responsibility with Marketing Manager to assist on creative projects and campaigns and with established marketing initiatives. Supports development department with fundraising events.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Social Media Marketing
a. Produce editorial and content calendars in accordance with marketing plan
b. Create written and graphic content using Canva, InDesign, and Illustrator
c. Utilize social media management software to leverage audience attention
d. Execute campaigns for in-kind gift drives, event participation, programming/training, etc.
e. Present/update marketing committee on social media KPIs
f. Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act
g. Increase visibility of CAPS social content
h. Track and analyze social media data and metrics
2. Creative Writing
a. Prepare written communication for CAPS’ general marketing purposes (press releases, media interviews, blogs, etc). Arrange for coverage by other media outlets (i.e. radio and tv).
b. Collaborate with program leaders to create marketing content to meet the goals of each program (i.e. brochures, event flyers, press releases, social media posts
c. Support fundraising efforts through creation of collateral materials (i.e. banners, signs, invitations, press releases, etc.) and media coverage of events.
d. Ability to create promotional material in-house as well as collaborate with third-party designers/editors/writers when necessary.
e. Proactively develop and maintain relationships in multiple Elkhart County communities, including media contacts, Chambers of Commerce, PR/marketing colleagues.
Fundraiser/Outreach Event Support
1. Work closely with team for execution of Special Fundraising Events, including
a. Tracking registrations using Classy and Donor Perfect software
b. Track sponsorship information
c. Preparing day-of material on an as-needed basis
Employee Giving Campaign
1. Oversee timeline and organization of campaign.
2. Manage the distribution of employee giving campaign materials.
3. Track all donations as they come in.
4. Create and regulate incentive program.
Provide timely thank you mailings
In-kind Donation Drives
1. Lead holiday gift drive, including internal and external communications, logistical
planning and evaluation.
2. Manage in-kind donations, including donor interface/recognition and distribution to
3. Oversight of development in-kind donation closet process.
4. Keep inventory of in-kind donations, working across departments to assess in-kind
needs; collaborate with Development Director to meet those needs
• Associates required, Bachelors Degree preferred
• Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Canva and/or other graphic design software
• Knowledge of web design, web development, SEO, online marketing, and email
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient working knowledge of all Microsoft office suites of products.
• Demonstrated experience working independently according to established procedures
with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work with several departments at one time.
• Strong creativity and organization skills
• Previous experience working with client software databases.
• Marketing educational experience
• 1-2 years Prior Marketing experience
Bi-Lingual Family Support Specialist; Healthy Families Elkhart County- full-time (40 hours per week)
Bachelors Degree starts at a minimum of $15.50/hour ; we offer an additional .50 for bi-lingual (Spanish)
The Family Support Specialist (FSS) provides a range of culturally competent evidence-based home visiting services to all families participating in the Healthy Families Program.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Child Development or a field the agency considers to be relevant to the position preferred.
- Must have current driver’s license, vehicle, acceptable insurance, and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Fluency with Microsoft office suite of products and data entry.
- Demonstrates fluency in written English.
- Demonstrates time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must satisfactorily complete all mandatory trainings
- Previous home visiting work experience preferred but not required.
1. Provide culturally competent home-based services including (but not limited to): parenting education; developmental milestones; health and nutrition education; home management skills; crisis intervention; and social services linkage, all in partnership with the client.
2. Assists in strengthening the parent child relationship by providing emotional support and encouragement to parents.
3. Assists parents in improving their skills in order to optimize the home environment.
4. Teach and support appropriate parent-child interaction and discipline.
5. Assists families in establishing goals and plans for attaining these goals.
6. Provide periodic developmental assessments and referrals if delays are identified according to program requirements.
7. Identifies and refers clients to other support services in the community; assists in making and attending health and human service appointments, including, but not limited to, appointments related to educational and employment goals.
8. Follow up on all referrals in a timely manner.
9. Accurately completes all assessments and evaluation paperwork according to program timeframes and requirements.
10. Accurately maintains client records and completes all necessary documentation according to program timeframes and requirements.
11. Meets program productivity requirements.
12. Manages assigned caseloads and related work responsibilities according to program requirements. Maintains home visits to all clients per the program requirements.
13. Ensures compliance with all regulations regarding home visits pursuant to program requirements and Healthy Families America (HFA) best practice standards.
14. Participates in case conferences and collaborates with other service providers working with families.
15. Constructively utilize formal and peer supervision to evaluate and improve effectiveness
in providing services to families. This includes active participation in weekly supervision,
team meetings, ongoing trainings/in-services, and agency meetings.
16. Contributes to the overall success and quality of all programs and services provided by
CAPS by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members.
17. Must accommodate flexible working hours, including some evenings.
18. Reports immediately to the Department of Children’s Services any suspicion of abuse or
19. Maintains confidentiality requirements of the agency.
20. Other duties as assigned.
21. Demonstrate the ability to work as part of CAPS team by regularly demonstrating and acknowledging CAPS core values.