Providing for your child
All children need discipline. Firm but loving discipline guides your child into adulthood. You are your child’s most important teacher! What you do and say sets the example for your child to follow.
Your child is counting on you to provide:
Teach your child what to do, instead of punishing “bad” behavior.
- A safe home (free from violence and hazards).
- Healthy meals and snacks.
- Clean clothes.
- Your child also needs regular checkups and shots.
Make a promise to do your best for your children, that’s all anyone can do.
Your child’s feelings are just as important…
Your child needs you to:
- Love him or her no matter what.
- Listen and talk to him or her.
- Provide steady, loving discipline.
Show your children Love…
Show your children you love them every day:
- Put notes in their lunch boxes.
- Give them hugs when they walk in the door.
- Read together.
- Tell them about the day they were born.