Healthy Families Family Support Specialist- Full Time
Purpose of position:
To establish a relationship with assigned parents in which the parents’ dependency needs are met and parenting skills are improved. FSS is responsible for optimizing the home environment for the physical and mental well-being of children who are at risk of abuse or neglect. The FSS will establish a relationship with parents in which their needs are met and parenting skills are improved.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current driver’s license, vehicle, acceptable insurance, and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Experience working with or providing services to culturally diverse populations of children and families.
- Fluency with Microsoft office suite of products and data entry.
- Demonstrated time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Previous home visiting work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Awareness of local community resources.
- Bi Lingual (Spanish)
Position Classification and details:
Status: Full time (40 hours) / Hourly / Non-Exempt Position
Location: Elkhart County
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility required based on client’s needs.
Reports to: Healthy Families Supervisor