What is Healthy Families Elkhart County?
Healthy Families Elkhart County helps parents of newborn infants by offering support and information about child development and what to expect as a new parent.
We know that parenting requires enormous amounts of patience, self-control and sheer stamina. Healthy Families support specialists visit a family on a regular basis to provide information, encouragement and support.
Who can be a part of Healthy Families?
The Healthy Families program may be offered to any family who may feel like they have their hands full adjusting to their new baby.
How does the program help?
A trained support worker will visit the home on a weekly basis to offer information about:
- Recognizing baby’s needs.
- Balancing baby’s needs with parent’s needs.
- What to expect as baby grows.
- How to make home safe for baby.
- How to encourage normal development in baby.
- Support workers offer support and guidance.
- Support workers help parents connect with community resources that are right for them.
For more information about Healthy Families, contact the Healthy Families Program Director at 574-295-2277 ext. 259 or email@example.com.
Healthy Familes Elkhart County is accredited by Healthy Families America.