Parent Education Instructor Assistant (2) positions, Part Time
This position will assist Parent Education Instructors during and after class with administrative and clerical functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous office and/or administrative or clerical experience.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects with flexibility and accuracy.
• Demonstrated initiative and creative thinking skills.
• Intermediate level computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and acceptable insurance and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of individuals and diverse populations.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish.
Position classification and details:
Status: Hourly / Part Time / Nonexempt / Position grade level 3
Schedule: 10-12 weekly hours with flexibility required for attendance at parenting classes based on schedule.
Supervised Visits Facilitator- Part Time
To ensure the safety and well-being of children by observing and recording activity and behaviors surrounding visitations that take place both ON-site and OFF-site.
High School Diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of 5 years of experience in providing visitation supervision OR a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or a directly related service field with 5 years child welfare experience.
Fluency with Microsoft office products for documenting client activity.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
Must have current driver’s license, vehicle, acceptable insurance, and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
Position classification and details
Status: Part time / Hourly / Nonexempt/
Schedule: 10 hours weekly
Off Site: Tuesday/Thursday 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
On Site: Sunday 10:15 a.m - 2:15 p.m.
Parent Education Instructor- Part time
To promote positive parenting education by facilitating parenting classes, seminars and/or support groups for CAPS clients.
• 4 year degree in Social Work, Education, Human Services or related field OR two years’ professional experience teaching, instructing or facilitating within a group context.
• Fluency in Microsoft Word and Power Point
• Exceptional understanding of family dynamics, effective parenting techniques, child development, domestic violence and child abuse and neglect
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of individuals and diverse populations
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of parent education theories, current trends and resources
• Previous parenting educational experience
• Bi-lingual in Spanish
Position Classification and Details
Part Time / Hourly / Non Exempt / 10 - 12 hours week based on class schedule
CAPS pays an hourly premium rate for nonexempt positions requiring Bi-Lingual Skills.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.